How to get GST Registration in Karnataka?
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax that will replace various taxes like Central Excise Duty, Service Tax, State Sales Tax, and Value Added Taxes levied by different states.
The implementation of Goods and Services Tax is going to have substantial impact on the business as well as cost to consumers depending upon the structure of the business, location and consumer. It will also bring benefits to consumers by reducing unnecessary tax burden.
How To register for GST in Karnataka
The Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council has decided that if businesses with annual turnover exceed Rs 20 lakhs wants to apply for registration. Limit is Rs 10 lakhs for the North Eastern States. If it below Rs.10 lakh would be out of the GST net.
GST registration is done though GST Portal.
You can access GST Portal from here.
Mandatory information and document required for GST enrolment.
Before enrolling with GST system portal, you must ensure to have the following information and documents available with you
- Provisional ID and password received from VAT authority
- Valid e-mail address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC code
Necessary documentation are grouped to 3 categories:
1) Company documents
- PAN card of the company
- Registration Certificate of the company
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) /Articles of Association (AOA)
- Copy of Bank Statement
- Declaration to comply with the provisions
- Copy of Board resolution
2) Company Director’s documents
- PAN and ID proof of directors
3) Company Registered Office documents
- Copy of electricity bill/landline bill, water Bill
- No objection certificate of the owner
- Rent agreement (in case premises are rented)
- You can also use Virtual Office for GST registration. (Get a Virtual Address for GST Registration).